Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch> on 2014/10/24 18:31:24 UTC

AW: (auto)suggestions, but ony from a "filtered" set of documents

If possible I'd like to omit the sparate core. We have this approach in the current Lucene-only-solution. The main drawback IMHO is, that whenever the main index chnages you need to completely reindex the term-index.
Is it at all possible to write an own Suggester, which could do what I want/need?

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
On 10/27/14 2:23 AM, Clemens Wyss DEV wrote:
> Thx Mike,
> at the moment I do not see/understand what the advantage of " feed a single suggester from multiple fields" compared to "using copyfields to feed the suggester field" is?
The advantage is mainly in that you can apply different analysis and
different weights to different sources of suggestions.
> Also, coming back to my main issue, how does your approach allow me to "filter the documents to be taken into consideration for suggestions per suggestion request"?
Yes you're right, my plugin doesn't really offer a solution to your
problem, but there are some possibly helpful similarities: you will
probably want to write a custom UpdateRequestProcessor, and you will
want to feed the suggester with a custom Dictionary / InputIterator as I
have done in that example.

-Mike

Posted by Clemens Wyss DEV <cl...@mysign.ch>.
Thx Mike,