Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Mahmood Naderan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/29 15:53:01 UTC

Intro

Hi
About the figure represented ZK structure [1], I want to know if znode
and server are the same. Is that correct? If not, can someone explain
what is a server and znode exactly?

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/ProjectDescription

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Intro

Posted by "Ibrahim El-sanosi (PGR)" <i....@newcastle.ac.uk>.
Hi Mahmood,

ZooKeeper server is a node/machine which stores/manipulates client data. ZooKeeper server has follower, leader or observer role. These servers are communicated together in order to replicate client data in ensemble in consistent fashion.

znode has data associated with it as well as children. It is like having a file-system (in each server) that allows a file to also be a directory.

Regards,

Ibrahim EL-sanosi