Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Tom Kochanowicz <ja...@worldnet.att.net> on 2002/04/20 10:42:38 UTC

Need help with JSTL beta-2

Hi,

	I am using tomcat-4 and am getting the following error when I try to run
the example taglibs. ANY idea's?

ROOT CAUSE

java.lang.ClassCastException:
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
	at
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance(DocumentBuilderFactory.
java:103)

Note that I have the jaxp.jar in my classpath.

Thanks,

Tom K.

Re: Need help with JSTL beta-2

Posted by "Anthony W. Marino" <an...@AWMObjects.com>.
Hi Shawn,

Thanks for your feedback.  I'm going to setup everything in the next several
days.

Anthony

--
Anthony W. Marino
Pres./CTO, AWM Objects

Re: Need help with JSTL beta-2

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Sat, 20 Apr 2002, Anthony W. Marino wrote:

> Are there any issues in running with JDK1.4?

No, there shouldn't be; in fact, I specifically tested everything (both
the core and the XML libraries, anyway) under JDK 1.4, just to be sure.
JDK 1.4 makes the Tomcat 4.0.3 bug I mentioned a little more pronounced,
for it complicates the workaround; however, this shouldn't affect the old
crimson.jar/xalan.jar library pair we're using (just JAXP 1.2).

If you have any problems using it on JDK 1.4 or elsewhere, please let us
know any specific errors you encounter.  Thanks!

--
Shawn Bayern
Author, "JSP Standard Tag Library"  http://www.jstlbook.com

Re: Need help with JSTL beta-2