Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Sanjeev Joshi <sc...@cisco.com> on 2000/12/19 13:49:15 UTC

general/6994: Multiple apache's getting spwaned

>Number:         6994
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Multiple apache's getting spwaned
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
when the Apache is started, I expected that one parent Apache process with  one child starts up. But after some time another parent apache with it's child is
getting spwaned overwritting the PidFile (httpd.pid). When I kill the Apache,
programmatically, ( using -k shutdown option ) , only that apache process and its child process is getting killed whose pid entry is there in the httpd.pid and hence another apache and its child is hanging out there.
sorry for introduncing Win API , but even if I call  DestroyWindow() from my application, the additional apache is not getting killed ( pl note I can't do TerminateProcess on the pid of additional apache, because there is no way of finding it in Win95 ).
Pl give the solution to this problem , if u can....
Would'nt it be good if apache was built with some kind of mutex, so that only one instance of apache is running.

 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]