Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Iqbal Abdullah <iq...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/08 03:12:00 UTC

Customized James

Hello,

I am new to James although I have done some work on
the qmail MTA. I am considering to use James.

Is it possible to seperate the smtp and pop services
in the standard James, so that I can have the smtp
server on a different machine than the pop server?
Also, addition of new users are to be made from the
web, so is it fatal if the remote manager is disabled?

More importantly, is there any documentation for the
above?

Finally, I have done some googling but most of the
subjects that comes out under James are mailets and
catchers. What I was looking for is an overview of the
James architecture, which in qmail you can see as:

http://www.nrg4u.com/qmail/the-big-qmail-picture-103-bw-a4.pdf

Thanks for your time.

- Iqbal

Linking to records in James' inbox (Part 2)

Posted by Jonathan Wright <jo...@aboutit.co.nz>.
Hi,

As a follow up to my initial question, I've had a look at the source code
and determined I can obtain message_name using the following piece of code:

public void service(Mail mail)
{
   if(mail instanceof MailImpl)
   {
      MailImpl mailImpl = (MailImpl)mail;
      String name = mailImpl.getName();
   }
}

However, the repository name appears to be parsed from
org.apache.avalon.framework.Configuration.getAttribute("destinationURL") in
the JDBCMailRepository class' configure method. How can I access this
information from inside my Mailet? Do I need to? What is the nature of the
message_name field in the inbox table? Will it always be unique?

Jonathan

CTL, Auckland.

Passing values from matcher to mailet

Posted by Hoai <ho...@indent.org>.
Hi all,

Is there a way to pass values from a matcher to a mailet?

Also, I have a third party engine sitting in Tomcat handling database
logics.  Can james call this program directly?

Thanks for your help.

Hoai

---

DETERMINING WHICH INBOX (Repository) MAIL IS BOUND FOR PRIOR TO INSERTION IN INBOX TABLE

Posted by Jonathan Wright <jo...@aboutit.co.nz>.
Hi,

Has anyone any suggestions regarding determining the value of the repository
field in the inbox table in a mailet context?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan

Linking to records in James' inbox.

Posted by Jonathan Wright <jo...@aboutit.co.nz>.
Hi,

I'm writing an application that stores information about incoming messages
over and above that available in Jame's inbox table.

To do this I need to have a one-to-one relationship between records in the
tables I've defined and records in the inbox table. Is there any way for me
to obtain message_name and repository_name values prior to James inserting
an inbox record?

As always, many thanks in advance for any help on this.

Jonathan

CTL, Auckland.

RE: Customized James

Posted by Iqbal Abdullah <iq...@yahoo.com>.
Hello.

Thanks Daniel. Was looking through the packages, and I
will post back here if I get anything working as I
wanted too.

- Iqbal

RE: Customized James

Posted by Daniel Perry <d....@netcase.co.uk>.