Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2004/10/22 19:22:14 UTC

Can openejb ContainerBuilders be moved to deployment package?

Maybe I haven't investigated enough how they are used, but shouldn't
the XXXContainerBuilders be in deployment rather than the runtime
packages?

thanks
david jencks

Re: Can openejb ContainerBuilders be moved to deployment package?

Posted by David Blevins <db...@gluecode.com>.
Go ahead and move them.

-David Blevins

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
that's what I meant.  All openejb stuff stays in openejb, but e.g.
EntityContainerBuilder goes to org.openejb.deployment.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by David Blevins <db...@gluecode.com>.

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@gluecode.com>.
David Jencks wrote:
> Maybe I haven't investigated enough how they are used, but shouldn't the
> XXXContainerBuilders be in deployment rather than the runtime packages?

The builders are specific to each project so we did not want to load all
of that into the deployment module.

The idea was to split each module into two: a runtime package and a
deployment package. That happened for the app client, the latest, but we
naver got around to refactoring the others. I think there is a Jira on
it but can't be bothered to look :)

--
Jeremy