Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sai Sivanesan <sa...@opensource.dibacanada.com> on 2003/09/07 03:05:34 UTC

Re: PROBLEMS:> memory / cpu usage - Tomcat 3.2.1 - SOLVED!

ok.  i have found my elusive problem.  our client has a site with fairly
moderate usage.  and over the years we have changes the site a fair bit.  it
seems that the problem stems from requesting a jsp file that is no longer on
the server - once the 404 is logged, the apache <-> tomcat connection does not
terminate.  it stays running, and  starts to consume cpu time.  a sufficient
number of these will over time, bring the machine to a crawl - to a point
where it is almost impossible to even login via ssh or even locally.  Time to
read the conf file to see what we can do about 404 error documents.

Sai.

On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 16:52:21 -0400, Sai Sivanesan wrote

Re: 404 leaks (was: PROBLEMS:> memory / cpu usage - Tomcat 3.2.1)

Posted by Sai Sivanesan <sa...@opensource.dibacanada.com>.
Anton I found the versions in another thread i had posted>

> > RedHat 7.2
> > Apache 1.3.20
> > Tomcat 3.2.1
> > mod_jk.so mod_jk.so-ap1.3.27-eapi-rh72

Sai.

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 16:24:46 -0400, Sai Sivanesan wrote

Posted by Sai Sivanesan <sa...@opensource.dibacanada.com>.

Posted by Anton Tagunov <at...@mail.cnt.ru>.
Hello, All!