Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by helxsz <he...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2010/04/20 15:29:43 UTC

trying to receive a http streaming, chunked, but how to make it?

  I am running a test on apache httpclient, once the httpclient sends to
request to the server, a http streaming connection would be established, and
also invokes a thread, which would sequentially broadcast data to the client
every 2 seconds for 10 times in total

   On the client's side, I can see the connection is running during the long
-polling period,  but could not receive any data..    And I am sure it is
streaming and chunked

 		  public Object handleResponse(HttpResponse response)
		  {

		        HttpEntity entity = response.getEntity();

			System.out.println("isStreaming:" + response.getEntity().isStreaming());
// true
			System.out.println("isChunked:" + response.getEntity().isChunked());
// true
			System.out.println("isrepeatable:" +
response.getEntity().isRepeatable());  // false

		        if (entity != null) {
		            System.out.println("Response content length: " +
entity.getContentLength());
		            BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new
InputStreamReader(entity.getContent()));
		            while(reader.readLine()!=null)
		            {
		                System.out.println(reader.readLine());
		            }
		        }    //  this doesn't seem to work out
				return null;
		  }
        };
        httpclient.execute(httpget, responseHandler);

   I wonder as for receiving data from a http streaming, chunked connection,
probably the solution is to use  ChunkedInputStream ,  but I can't find a
tutorial for this class

   Or if I am wrong , who could help me how to receive data from a
streaming, chunked connection??

Thank you in advance

Re: trying to receive a http streaming, chunked, but how to make it?

Posted by helxsz <he...@yahoo.com.cn>.
Sorry , could you elaborate a bit more?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.