Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/13 02:00:19 UTC

logging-log4j repositories

Looking at LOG4J2-1705 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4J2-1705>,
I was thinking that requiring a separate repository for each language could
increase the barrier to entry for ideas like that.

Would it be a good idea to create a single repository
(logging-log4j-jvmlang?) which would hold modules for all non-java JVM
languages, like scala, kotlin, groovy, jruby, ... ?

Re: logging-log4j repositories

Posted by Mikael Ståldal <mi...@magine.com>.
I think it's better to have one repo per language. Some languages may want
to use other build tools than Maven (e.g. sbt for Scala).

However, the documentation / site buinding is currently a barrier of entry
that we should try to mitigate.

--
[image: MagineTV]

*Mikael Ståldal*