Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by G....@lrcb.umcn.nl on 2006/06/22 12:06:56 UTC

How to Setup Multilanguage Site!

Forrest Users,

I'm new to forrest but managed to install forrest and do a forrest seed. This resulted in the well known example site! I'm trying to build an experimental site using forrest. It needs to have pages partly in English and Dutch. I've tried to find some info regarding how to tackle this problem, but have found nothing suitable. All that I've found is to technical, sorry!

Can anybody give some hints on how to start solving this problem? I'd like to use for example a second level tab to switch from English to Dutch. Buttons to switch language on the a page will also suffice.

By the way, do I need to study the cocoon manual to start using forrest effectively?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Verhaag, Gerard

Re: How to Setup Multilanguage Site!

Posted by Nico Veenkamp <ni...@veenkamp.nl>.
Gerard,

<quote> G.Verhaag@lrcb.umcn.nl</quote>
> I'm new to forrest but managed to install forrest and do a forrest seed.
> This resulted in the well known example site! I'm trying to build an
> experimental site using forrest. It needs to have pages partly in English
> and Dutch. I've tried to find some info regarding how to tackle this
> problem, but have found nothing suitable. All that I've found is to
> technical, sorry!

I have recently contributed some dutch info to forrest. Specifically for
the test site, the menu items and the tabs.

I am now trying to pull the info together for making i18n stuff for
Forrest easier to access. I could use your help in doing this.

> Can anybody give some hints on how to start solving this problem? I'd like
> to use for example a second level tab to switch from English to Dutch.
> Buttons to switch language on the a page will also suffice.

> By the way, do I need to study the cocoon manual to start using forrest
> effectively?

No, not to my knowledge.

Nico Veenkamp
Open Source Solutions for Internet (OSSFI)
T: 06-53193353
E: nico@veenkamp.nl
W: http://www.ossfi.nl
weblog: http://www.breathinbreathout.com