Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> on 2001/08/22 18:09:17 UTC

new list names in effect

new-httpd@apache.org   is now  dev@httpd.apache.org
apache-cvs@apache.org  is now  cvs@httpd.apache.org

I've also moved the archives for each list from
<http://www.apache.org/mail/> to <http://httpd.apache.org/mail/>.

	Brian

Re: new list names in effect

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> > Some weirdnesses here in the headers:

> > Can we change the precedence to 'list' instead of 'bulk', BTW?
> > If not 'first-class'?
>
> I'm not sure what the ramifications are for the way ezmlm works or the way
> MTA's out there know to bounce their messages.  I know of no other mailing
> list that uses a Precedence header with anything other than "bulk".  So,
> I'm hesitant to make a change like this unless someone can explain why it
> would be a good idea to do so and that it won't affect the way bounce
> handling, etc. work.

Definitely don't want some random value like "first-class".

I'm not sure that enough software supports "list"... it is used by some
stupid software to avoid doing autoreplies to list traffic, etc.  They all
recognize "bulk" but maybe not "list".

Re: new list names in effect

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:
> Some weirdnesses here in the headers:

> Can we change the precedence to 'list' instead of 'bulk', BTW?
> If not 'first-class'?

I'm not sure what the ramifications are for the way ezmlm works or the way
MTA's out there know to bounce their messages.  I know of no other mailing
list that uses a Precedence header with anything other than "bulk".  So,
I'm hesitant to make a change like this unless someone can explain why it
would be a good idea to do so and that it won't affect the way bounce
handling, etc. work.

> > list-post: <ma...@apache.org>

This has been fixed.

Don't know where this came from, and it's not in the other messages, but
most likely it's harmless.

	Brian

Re: new list names in effect

Posted by Rodent of Unusual Size <Ke...@Golux.Com>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> new-httpd@apache.org   is now  dev@httpd.apache.org

Boy, you do not waste ANY time, do you? :-O

--
#ken	P-)}