Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by unicyco <hu...@umn.edu> on 2013/11/18 20:41:40 UTC

Ordering of wsdl method parameters changed for java-first services

I run a JAX-WS java-first web service.  When I stepped up from an old
Servicemix release to Karaf 2.3.1 with CXF 2.7.6, I noticed that the
ordering of the parameters in the generated wsdl changed from the order in
which they were declared to an alphabetical ordering.  Given this change, I
had to regenerate our Flex web service code for the changed wsdl's because
otherwise the Flex code sent the parameters in the wrong order, causing them
to be mis-interpreted.

Now, after updating to Karaf 2.3.3 and CXF 2.7.7, it seems to have returned
to generating a wsdl with parameters in the order which they were declared
in the Java interface.  I don't care which way it is, as long as it doesn't
change!!

So, was the alphabetical ordering a "bug" or was the return to
declaration-based ordering a "regression"?  Are there plans to change the
ordering in the future?

Thanks!

Joseph

Re: Ordering of wsdl method parameters changed for java-first services

Posted by unicyco <hu...@umn.edu>.
Thanks Dan.  I appreciate the response.  I'm positive something changed
between CXF 2.7.6 and 2.7.7 that affected the generated wsdl from using an
alphabetical ordering back to the method ordering.  I've tested by launching
karaf and viewing the generated wsdl, and the param order differs based on
which version of CXF I load.

Anyway, it's back to using the method order, and if that's the spec, then
we're golden.  Perhaps it was a regression introduced a while back (I don't
know when exactly it appeared other than it was in 2.7.6) that got fixed
(perhaps accidentally) in 2.7.7.

Greatly appreciate all your support with these open source projects!

Joseph

Daniel  Kulp wrote

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

On Nov 26, 2013, at 5:45 PM, unicyco <hu...@umn.edu> wrote:

> Does anyone know which ordering of wsdl method parameters is "correct"?
>

> unicyco wrote
>> I run a JAX-WS java-first web service.  When I stepped up from an old
>> Servicemix release to Karaf 2.3.1 with CXF 2.7.6, I noticed that the
>> ordering of the parameters in the generated wsdl changed from the order in
>> which they were declared to an alphabetical ordering.  Given this change,
>> I had to regenerate our Flex web service code for the changed wsdl's
>> because otherwise the Flex code sent the parameters in the wrong order,
>> causing them to be mis-interpreted.
>>
>> Now, after updating to Karaf 2.3.3 and CXF 2.7.7, it seems to have
>> returned to generating a wsdl with parameters in the order which they were
>> declared in the Java interface.  I don't care which way it is, as long as
>> it doesn't change!!
>>
>> So, was the alphabetical ordering a "bug" or was the return to
>> declaration-based ordering a "regression"?  Are there plans to change the
>> ordering in the future?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Joseph

Daniel Kulp

Re: Ordering of wsdl method parameters changed for java-first services

Posted by unicyco <hu...@umn.edu>.