Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by maillist <ma...@citadelsystems.net> on 2006/12/16 21:19:00 UTC

[users@httpd] 401 on reverse proxy

Hi all,

Every time I try to access my site through the reverse proxy I keep
getting 401 Authorization Required errors. If I access the site
internally, everything works fine. I am using Digest for authentication.
The version of Apache I am using is 2.2.3.

I have a default configuration on my reverse proxy with the following
changes:

ProxyRequests off

ProxyPass /mythweb/ http://172.24.35.10/mythweb/
ProxyPassReverse /mythweb/ http://172.24.35.10/mythweb/

<Location /mythweb/>
	ProxyPassReverse	/
	RequestHeader		unset Accept-Encoding
</Location>

Let me know if I need to post any other configuration.

The weired thing is that all of this was working 2 days ago. I made some
changes to try doing ssl proxying and then reverted back when it was not
working right.

Thanks,
K Murphy
maillist@citadelsystems.net

[users@httpd] 401 on reverse proxy -- Never mind!

Posted by maillist <ma...@citadelsystems.net>.
Hi all,

Never mind. I just realized that lynx doesn't support digest and neither
does Windows CE IE.

Thanks,
K Murphy

[users@httpd] 401 on reverse proxy -- Additional Info