Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Imran Ahmed <im...@eaxiom.net> on 2017/08/03 07:46:12 UTC

CloudStack 4.9 Enabling Local Storage for Zones

Hello All,
I am working on a cloudstack 4.9 setup with a few KVM hosts. Some of the KVM
hosts have local primary storage besides the NFS storage.
In the global settings I could not find an option to enable local storage
for the zone. ( I am using advanced zone here).
When I tried to create a VM instance on the local storage, it gave an error
saying something like " Local storage is not enabled for the zone...."
To resolve this issue, I had to manually enable the local storage setting in
the database as below:

update data_center set is_local_storage_enabled = 1 where id =<zone id here>
;

I wonder why this option is not available on the GUI under global settings..

Thanks and regards,

Imran

RE: CloudStack 4.9 Enabling Local Storage for Zones

Posted by Imran Ahmed <im...@eaxiom.net>.
Hi Anshul,

Got your point.

Thanks a lot