Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Norbet Reilly <nr...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/16 09:33:40 UTC

Problem building ApacheDS against JDK 1.4

FYI, I just updated and noticed a JDK1.5 dependency has crept in lately:

D:\ad\shared\ldap\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\shared\ldap\ldif\LdifReader.java:[1203,55]
cannot resolve symbol
symbol  : method defaultCharset ()
location: class java.nio.charset.Charset

I replaced the call to Charset.defaultCharset().toString() with
"UTF-8" (I presume the best replacement substitution in JDK 1.4?) but
then got the following sure-fire failures.

I've been following the other LDIF threads and I'll be a keen customer
for the new LdifReader (that understands the "changetype" modifier)
when it's all singing and dancing!

Thanks

Re: Problem building ApacheDS against JDK 1.4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Norbet Reilly a écrit :

> Thanks for the fixes guys, I'm happily building again.
>
> Note that the LdifReaderTest is still failing, but I've just moved it
> out of the way...

Sorry about that. I've found a fix for this CharSetDefaultEncoding, but
I tested it in a branch. I con't commit right now, minautor (apache SVN
server) seems to have pbs...

The LdifReader is on its way, and it can now accept all the changetype
operation.

Emmanuel

Re: Problem building ApacheDS against JDK 1.4

Posted by Norbet Reilly <nr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Norbet Reilly wrote:
> Cool, thanks.
>
> I also ran into this problem later in the build (I imagine it falls in
> Alex's domain?):
>
> D:\src\jch_trunk\ad\apacheds\kerberos-shared\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\
>
> server\kerberos\shared\store\operations\GetPrincipal.java:[129,41]
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : method parseBoolean (java.lang.String)
> location: class java.lang.Boolean
>
> D:\src\jch_trunk\ad\apacheds\kerberos-shared\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\
>
> server\kerberos\shared\store\operations\GetPrincipal.java:[135,42]
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : method parseBoolean (java.lang.String)
> location: class java.lang.Boolean
This should be fixed now.

--
Ersin

Re: Problem building ApacheDS against JDK 1.4

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Norbet Reilly a écrit :

> FYI, I just updated and noticed a JDK1.5 dependency has crept in lately:

Arghhh !!! My bad !

> D:\ad\shared\ldap\src\main\java\org\apache\directory\shared\ldap\ldif\LdifReader.java:[1203,55]
>
> cannot resolve symbol
> symbol  : method defaultCharset ()
> location: class java.nio.charset.Charset
>
> I replaced the call to Charset.defaultCharset().toString() with
> "UTF-8" (I presume the best replacement substitution in JDK 1.4?) but
> then got the following sure-fire failures.

I gonna check for the better fix tonite

> I've been following the other LDIF threads and I'll be a keen customer
> for the new LdifReader (that understands the "changetype" modifier)
> when it's all singing and dancing!

LdifReader works well for entries right now (but I put it in a branch),
and change will work tonite maybe.

Thanks for the report !
 Emmanuel Lécharny