Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Wadi Jalil Maluf <wa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/07 22:48:49 UTC

Error calling webservice!Please Help!

Hi all,
I get the following error calling the webservice from flex:
java.lang.NullPointerException
       at
org.apache.cxf.frontend.SimpleMethodDispatcher.getMethod(SimpleMethodDispatcher.java:96)

       at
org.apache.cxf.service.invoker.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:57)

       at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:58)

       at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:441)
       at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
       at
org.apache.cxf.workqueue.SynchronousExecutor.execute(SynchronousExecutor.java:37)

       at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:98)

       at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:236)

This happends when I call a new method recently added to my
webservices.I rebuild with all possible forms, but still happends.
Does anyone know why?is it a Apache cxf bug, netbeans Bug or something?
Any help would be appreciated,
Regards

__________ Información de ESET Smart Security, versión de la base de firmas de virus 4933 (20100310) __________

ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: Error calling webservice!Please Help!

Posted by Eoghan Glynn <eo...@gmail.com>.
You've rebuilt with the new method, but are you sure that the old class
isn't lurking around somewhere?

Have you restarted everything so nothing is lurking in memory?

Reinstalled everything cleanly so you're sure that an old version of the
built artefacts isn't being picked up in error?

/Eoghan

Posted by Ron Grimes <rg...@sinclairoil.com>.
My architecture includes CXF with Flex on the front-end. So, this sounds to  me like something I've seen numerous times. It sounds to me like your Flex app is calling the new service operation, but CXF can't find it. This is usually a situation wherein your Tomcat (or whatever container you are using) is still only aware of the previous version of your deployment. If you are using Tomcat, shut it down, clear the copies of your deployment out of the temp folder, redeploy the new copy of the war, restart Tomcat. Also, try calling up the WSDL from a browser address bar, or whatever tool you want, and make sure the current working copy of the wsdl contains your new operation. Then, all should be good to go.

R.  Grimes