Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Manoj Kithany <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/09/09 23:23:13 UTC

Donating mod_jk.so for IBM AIX System

Hi Friends,

I would like to donate(email me) the "much-talked-about" mod_jk.so for IBM
AIX 5.1 System. It took me around 2 weeks to get this done. THANKS to all
you guys there at the mailing list to help out for this. Let me know if that
works for you or so - beocs I am still having some problmes now on Apache
side.

This one is for Apache 2.0.40 for Tomcat 4.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 System.

I could'nt send the file by this email since the email bounced back!

THANKS.

Manoj G. Kithany
manojkithany108@hotmail.com

Re: Donating mod_jk.so for IBM AIX System

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Will Hartung wrote:

> [...]

If you ask me, the best thing would be to do both.

And FWIW, John Turner is collecting some mod_jk.so's/dll's, so he may
be interesting in picking this up.  Plus there was someone trying to
compile mod_jk for just this combination earlier today.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
mepstein@uiuc.edu

> I would like to donate(email me) the "much-talked-about" mod_jk.so for IBM
> AIX 5.1 System. It took me around 2 weeks to get this done. THANKS to all
> you guys there at the mailing list to help out for this. Let me know if
that
> works for you or so - beocs I am still having some problmes now on Apache
> side.
>
> This one is for Apache 2.0.40 for Tomcat 4.0.4 on IBM AIX 5.1 System.

I'm sure folks searching this out will be more than greatful for it.
However, wouldn't it be better if you could write up a "HOWTO" on how you
created the mod_jk. That way, it will work for the future versions of the
mod_jk and Apache as well!

Plus, it will give you more confidence that you yourself can replicate it in
the future should the need arise.

Regards,

Will Hartung
(willh@msoft.com)