Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Tim De Vos <ti...@evision.be> on 2001/02/28 10:31:43 UTC

RE: SSL and authentication

Hi!

I made my my own SOAPTransport mechanism as described in
http://theserverside.com/resources/soapandejb2.jsp

It worked fine in SOAP 2.0. As described on the website
I used HTTPClient from Innovation. This is done because I can then use
the coockie mechanism to identify the client. The SOAP can then be
deployed with the scop set to "Session" instead of "Application". Also
the keepalive option is a tremendous performance upgrade. Yesterday
I upgraded to SOAP 2.1. From then on my own SOAPTransport mechanism
doensn`t work anymore. I looked into the source of SOAP and I found
a solution to make my SOAPTransport work again.

Just add the line

	ResponseSOAPContext.setRootPart(payloadSW.toString(),
Constants.HEADERVAL_CONTENT_TYPE_UTF8);

and it works again. The problem without this rule is that I get a
nullpointer
exception from the Call-object who does getRootPart(). A null then returned.
Isn`t this
a bug in SOAP? They have a boolean variable RootPartSet but they just return
the value without
checking the RootPartSet variable. Maybe the source code should be changed

if (RootPartSet) {
	// here the standard code from getRootPart
}

B.T.W. I don`t see the the point of the SOAPContext object. What`s the
purpose of it?
How do I need to use it? I changed my own SOAPTransport class "send" method
with an extra
SOAPContext parameter but I don`t use it.

Is there also a more up to date documentation available? I don`t see how to
use the SSLUtil
class ...

Thanks in advance for replying

Tim De Vos