Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Peter Courcoux <pe...@courcouxhall.co.uk> on 2001/10/14 02:21:31 UTC

TDK newapp example setup problem

Hi all,

I have recently downloaded the tdk and installed it as suggested. I have
followed the webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build/getting_started.txt and modified
the build.properties (not newapp.properties as set out in the
getting_started.txt file) to show my DBMS properties for the postgresql
server I use.

ant init produces a method unknown error at the turbine-id-table-init-sql
task.

I have read the postgres howto which appears to deal with jdbc issues but
unless I am mistaken ant is not dealing with jdbc at this point. I have
however, removed the normal postgresql driver from my classpath and
replaced it with the postgres.jar from the tdk distribution which although
I can find no reference to it may be an already patched driver?

Turbine sounds like A Good Thing to me. I would love to put it through its
paces.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to clear the error I would
appreciate it.

My system is redHat 7.1, with postgresql 7.03. I already have a working
tomcat-3.2.1 installation, with the usual libraries in the classpath.

Many thanks in  advance.

Peter Courcoux

Re: TDK newapp example setup problem

Posted by dcr <da...@wanadoo.fr>.
Peter Courcoux wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have recently downloaded the tdk and installed it as suggested. I have
>followed the webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build/getting_started.txt and modified
>the build.properties (not newapp.properties as set out in the
>getting_started.txt file) to show my DBMS properties for the postgresql
>server I use.

I'm currently using the following properties for postgresql 7.0.3 :

File : /tdk/webapps/newapp/WEB-INF/build/build.properties
(...)
database=postgresql
(...)
databaseUrl = jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/newapp
databaseDriver = org.postgresql.Driver
databaseUser = tomcat
databasePassword = xxxxxxx
databaseHost = 127.0.0.1

then I launched "ant init" as you, and it initializes the database with the
right SQL schema. (I used pg "createuser" command in order to define
the tomcat user before to use the "ant init").

BEFORE initializing the database, the default newapp-schema.xml
MUST be modified in order to make it works fine with postgresql.
You have to add a XML attribute to the table tag for "RDF" table :
idMethod="idbroker"  :

<database>
      <column name="RDF_ID" required="true" autoIncrement="true"
primaryKey="true" type="INTEGER"/>
      <column name="TITLE" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
      <column name="BODY" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
      <column name="URL" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
      <column name="AUTHOR" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
      <column name="DEPT" size="255" type="VARCHAR"/>
</database>

>ant init produces a method unknown error at the turbine-id-table-init-sql
>task.
>
>I have read the postgres howto which appears to deal with jdbc issues but
>unless I am mistaken ant is not dealing with jdbc at this point. I have
>however, removed the normal postgresql driver from my classpath and
>replaced it with the postgres.jar from the tdk distribution which although
>I can find no reference to it may be an already patched driver?

I noticed that the tdk comes with a postgresql.jar jdbc driver, with it
most of the newapp
tdk feature are working (just the user management doesn't work but it
doesn't seem to
be linked with the jdbc driver, I checked thanks to posgresql logs).

>Turbine sounds like A Good Thing to me. I would love to put it through its
>paces.
>
>If anyone can point me in the right direction to clear the error I would
>appreciate it.

I agree with you, turbine seems really good but not easy to learn.

>My system is redHat 7.1, with postgresql 7.03. I already have a working
>tomcat-3.2.1 installation, with the usual libraries in the classpath.

My system is Mandrake 8.0 with PG 7.0.3 so the same as you.

>Many thanks in  advance.
>
>Peter Courcoux

// David CROSSON
// mailto:david.crosson@wanadoo.fr