Posted to user@etch.apache.org by Se...@partner.bmw.de on 2014/02/20 10:26:40 UTC

Etch Python Binding

Hi there,

I'm trying to implement some kind of automation. We use a python framework for all our automation stuff.
Actually we use jpype and the java binding to communicate over etch with some hardware. I found in the sources that python binding is in development.
My question: is it usable and how is the development progress of the python binding? Can I use it for my automation stuff or is it unusable?

Kind regards,

Servet
--
Servet Kurum
A4A project

smartup solutions GmbH
Weissen 1
87487 Wiggensbach
Tel.: +49 8370 97 62 12
Fax: +49 8370 97 62 13
E-Mail: servet.kurum@smartup.de<ma...@smartup.de>
smartup solutions GmbH
Managing Director: Hubert Heinle, Dipl.Inf. (FH), Andreas Kura, Masters Math/CSC
Head office: Wiggensbach
Registration court: Kempten HRB 7191
Contact at BMW Group:
Tel.: +49 89 382 76066
Mobile: +49 176 601 76066
E-Mail: servet.sk.kurum@partner.bmw.de<ma...@partner.bmw.de>

Re: AW: Etch Python Binding

Posted by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,
if i were in you I would use the C binding and wrappin in Python with Cython
Best Regards,
Giorgio

> I would guess is relatively easy to port. Competence in java and python
> would be required, perhaps 6 months time. Do you have budget / time?
>
> Another option is to try to use the c binding from python. Not sure how
> that works, but i suspect it can be done.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Feb 20, 2014, at 6:45 AM, Servet.SK.Kurum@partner.bmw.de wrote:
> >
> > Hi Scott,
> >
> > it's usable but when you want to debug it's getting horrible.
> > Jython is the other way when I want to execute Python in Java.
> > My main environment is python and I use jpype to integrate my java
> binding in python.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Servet

Quiero ser el rayo de sol que cada día te despierta
para hacerte respirar y vivir en me.
"Favola -Moda".

Re: AW: Etch Python Binding

Posted by Scott Comer <we...@mac.com>.