Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2015/07/21 18:09:20 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7858 /categories URLs needs to use unique ids

This also occurs at /auth/user_info/skills/ urls.

And another duplicate example is 'python' (programming language, and a license)

---

** [tickets:#7858] /categories URLs needs to use unique ids**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Created:** Fri Mar 20, 2015 05:26 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Sat Mar 28, 2015 12:49 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Trove category shortnames are not always unique.  E.g. there is an "education" under "Topic" and also one under "Audience :: by Industry or Sector".  So clicking on one to edit (and also submitting forms to add/edit I think) will pick one arbitrarily.  We should use a unique identifier such as the "trove_cat_id" field.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/