Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matthew Pettis <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/26 04:57:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache2 downloads .pl file instead of executes it

Hi,
Newbie here -- my Apache2 install is downloading the .pl script I have
instead of executing it as a CGI.  How do I make it work as a CGI?

As a secondary note -- is there a really good resource to understand how the
apache conf files work?  I see the apache documentation, but am having
trouble getting some documentation on the big picture, answering questions
like how to read and understand the conf file, what the general format is,
and what is meant when things have 'allow,deny', etc. in them?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 downloads .pl file instead of executes it

Posted by Matthew Pettis <ma...@gmail.com>.
This worked, thank you!

--
One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end
up being governed by your inferiors.

It is from the wellspring of our despair and the places that we are broken
that we come to repair the world.
-- Murray Waas

Re: [users@httpd] Apache2 downloads .pl file instead of executes it

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.