Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Sendoh <un...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/05 16:10:18 UTC

Flink with Hibernate ORM doesn't release memory after job is canceled

Hi Flink users,

Does anyone use Flink with Hibernate ORM and have some examples?

We have a job which reads a list of topics from Postgres accessed by
Hibernate ORM as parameter for Kafka consumer. The Mapper also reads
information from Postgres with Hibernate ORM, meaning, both master and
worker access Postgres.

I found out that this Flink job doesn't release memory when the Flink job is
canceled, both master and worker.
(There is another issue that in this Flink job use lots of memory even with
all possible performance tuning of Hibernate ORM, e.g.
c3p0 connection pool, ehcache size limit, batch size and so on).

The data accessed by this Flink job is quite small. I would estimate it to
be no more than 50 MB, and each node has 2 GB RAM. Is there any suggest I
could work on?

Best,

Sendoh

Re: Flink with Hibernate ORM doesn't release memory after job is canceled

Posted by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org>.
Hi Sendoh,

Could you please go into some details about your job. Maybe show some representative code snippets or how the ORM is used exactly.

Best,
Aljoscha