Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Reuven Ivgi <Re...@intellinx-sw.com> on 2006/09/25 16:08:39 UTC

Using Database instead of File system

Hello,

I have just started to work with Lucene

Is it possible to define the index files of lucene to be on a database
(such as MySql), just for backup and restore porposes

Thanks in Advance

Reuven Ivgi

Re: Using Database instead of File system

Posted by jian chen <ch...@gmail.com>.
For real search engine, performance is the most important factor. I think
file system based system is better than storing the indexes in database
because of the pure speed you will get.

Cheers,

Jian

Posted by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com>.