Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Anders H�gqvist <ho...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/30 16:15:27 UTC

Cocoon 1.8.x problems.

Hi!

I'm sorry if I send you too much mails. I'm will try to explain exactly what
I have done here (I'm running Win2k and Apache server):

I installed Tomcat 3.2.1 and it worked perfectly.
Then I tried to install Cocoon 1.7.4 as following:

1. added the following lines in web.xml under tomcat\conf

<servlet>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>properties</param-name>
   <param-value>cocoon.properties</param-value>
  </init-param>
</servlet>

<servlet-mapping>
  <servlet-name>org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon</servlet-name>
  <url-pattern>*.xml</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

2. then I copied cocoon.jar and all the jar files in cocoon\lib into
tomcat\lib

3. then I copied the cocoon.properies into tomcat\webapps\ROOT

4. now I tried to access Cocoon.xml but with a "HTTP 4040 Not Found" result

Tomcat is still running fine. Have I missed something? I didn't add anything
but the lines above to the tomcat.bat since it automaticly finds the new jar
files.

It would be nice if you guys could help me on this one!

/Anders Högqvist