Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Karen Schaper <Ka...@frontiernet.net> on 2008/06/21 06:02:09 UTC

User needs to set timer duration and start and stop

Hi,

I am trying to use the AjaxSelfUpdatingTimer to implement a request to be
able to turn the timer off and on.

The users also need to be able to specify in minutes what the duration will
be when the timer is on.

Right now I have 2 buttons Off and On and a field that the user can enter in
minutes.  The user is looking at data that is time sensitive and may not
want the page to keep refreshing if they are in the middle of something.

Anyway I can't get this timer to shut off and turn back on.  Is this not
possible?

I've tried removing behavior and re-adding and stopping the timer.

Anyone done anything like this?

Thanks

Karen

Re: User needs to set timer duration and start and stop

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you might have to roll your own variant that has both start() and
stop() methods.

-igor