Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org> on 2007/10/11 21:50:19 UTC

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

This is the fourth beta for Apache Wicket we have prepared for your
pleasure. It contains over 120 fixes to issues with previous releases and
todo items we have cleared.

In this announcement:

* Apache Wicket
* This release
** Portlet support
* Migrating from 1.2
* Downloading the release
* Validating the release
* Reporting bugs

Eager people click here to download the distribution, others can read
further:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/

We thank you for your patience and support. Given the current list of
remaining issues and the fact that we have just accepted portlet support
back in, we think a fifth beta release is necessary. But that is no excuse
for not giving this fourth installment a test drive!

The Wicket Team

-= Apache Wicket =-

Apache Wicket is a component oriented Java web application framework
currently undergoing incubation at the Apache Software foundation. With
proper mark-up/logic separation, a POJO data model, and a refreshing lack of
XML, Apache Wicket makes developing web-apps simple and enjoyable again.
Swap the boilerplate, complex debugging and brittle code for powerful,
reusable components written with plain Java and HTML.

Our migration to a top level project is now completed and you can find our
website and documentation here:

http://wicket.apache.org

-= This release =-

This release is the fourth in a series of beta releases until we feel
confident to finalize Wicket 1.3. This is called a beta because we don't
have fixed all bugs, and probably haven't found them all either.

-- Portlet support --

A new feature in this beta4 release is the merge of Ate Douma's portlet
branch into trunk. This reintroduces portlet support in Wicket.

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/portal-howto.html

-= Migrating from 1.2 =-

If you are coming from Wicket 1.2, you really want to read our migration
guide, found on the wiki:

http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/migrate-13.html

-= Downloading the release =-

You can download the release from the official Apache mirror system, and you
can find it through the following link:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/

For the Maven and Ivy fans out there: update your pom's to the following,
and everything will be downloaded automatically:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>org.apache.wicket</groupId>
        <artifactId>wicket</artifactId>
        <version>1.3.0-beta4</version>
    </dependency>

Substitute the artifact ID with the projects of your liking to get the other
projects.

Please note that we don't prescribe a Logging implementation for SLF4J. You
need to specify yourself which one you prefer. Read more about SLF4J here:
http://slf4j.org

-= Validating the release =-

The release has been signed by Frank Bille, your release manager for today.
The public key can be found in the KEYS file in the download area. Download
the KEYS file only from the Apache website.

http://www.apache.org/dist/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/KEYS

Instructions on how to validate the release can be found here:

http://www.apache.org/dev/release-signing.html#check-integrity

-= Reporting bugs =-

In case you do encounter a bug, we would appreciate a report in our JIRA:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET

-= The distribution =-

In the distribution you will find a README. The README contains instructions
on how to build from source yourself and a list of all things that have been
fixed, added and/or removed since the first beta release.

-= Release Notes - Wicket - Version 1.3.0-beta4 =-

** Bug
    * [WICKET-349] - ListView can't undo changes to model
    * [WICKET-470] - AjaxFormComponentUpdatingBehavior won't work for
RadioChoices
    * [WICKET-497] - For stateless mounted page incorrect url is generated
    * [WICKET-520] - Escape doesn't work for AjaxEditableLabel in Firefox
    * [WICKET-572] - replacing tr using ajax does not work in safari
    * [WICKET-611] - AbstractRequestTargetUrlCodingStrategy ignores query
parameters if there is no parameter in the path
    * [WICKET-631] - Resource.getParameters() empty when resource is mounted
    * [WICKET-635] - FormTester Does Not Properly Handle DropDownChoice With
Null Model
    * [WICKET-640] - modal window close button does not cancel the event
after closing the window
    * [WICKET-685] - ReloadingWicketFilter not working with markup
inheritance
    * [WICKET-705] - StringValue javadoc incorrect regrading conversion to
checked exception
    * [WICKET-707] - Invoking a request listener on a page returns an
Expired Error page
    * [WICKET-722] - IndicatingAjaxFallbackLink does not remove indicator if
the link itself is added via ajax
    * [WICKET-728] - WicketTester could not handle Multipart form without
upload
    * [WICKET-735] - SqlTimestampConverter and it's Date and Time friends
die on null and other breakage.
    * [WICKET-745] - AbstractAjaxTimerBehavior triggered more than expected
after a new Ajax rendering
    * [WICKET-756] - FormComponent.getValue uses equals instead of == to
compare NO_RAW_INPUT
    * [WICKET-775] - Buggy behaviour in FormComponentPanel.setRequired
(boolean)
    * [WICKET-782] - Select doesn't validate 'Required'
    * [WICKET-796] - setresponsepage() does not properly redirect from ajax
requests
    * [WICKET-807] - MockHttpServletRequest.addFile does not work with
binary files
    * [WICKET-819] - DefaultButtonImageResource's fontAttributes field isn't
serializable
    * [WICKET-824] - Session id encoding problem in cookie-less mode
    * [WICKET-826] - No scrolling behaviour of source code viewer in IE 6
    * [WICKET-836] - feedback panels not being updated when inside repeaters
    * [WICKET-842] - <html wicket:id="html"> is broken again...
    * [WICKET-846] - Javadocs for
AbstractDefaultAjaxBehaviorPrecondition#getSuccessScript() and
#getPreconditionScript() are swapped
    * [WICKET-849] - Bad multiple select display with DatePicker and ajax
debug
    * [WICKET-851] - WicketTester unusable after subsequent startPage(Page)
call
    * [WICKET-856] - add dependency slf4j-log4j12 to wicket-quickstart
    * [WICKET-864] - HttpServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL() missing in
WicketFilter
    * [WICKET-869] - Back button processing doesn't work in Opera
    * [WICKET-870] - ignore white space in web.xml filter, filtermapping
    * [WICKET-871] - Markup hirarchy gets messed up when value of  attribute
'background' is a relative path
    * [WICKET-872] - Typo in
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.tree.res.tree.jscauses AJAX tree node
addition failures
    * [WICKET-874] - Reloading servlet doing way too much reloading
    * [WICKET-877] - stateless page + form + bookmark = trouble
    * [WICKET-878] - IllegalStateException accessing Session.get() from own
Resource implementation
    * [WICKET-881] - AbstractChoice not taking into account html escape
settings
    * [WICKET-882] - RefreshingView should call super.onBeforeRender after
it refreshed it's items.
    * [WICKET-883] - Modification Watcher Task Log
    * [WICKET-885] - ResourceSettings#getStringResourceLoaders throws an
ArrayStoreException
    * [WICKET-886] - InlineFrame with null PageMap raises exception
    * [WICKET-887] - Unable to find InlineFrames when inside ListViews
    * [WICKET-889] - Automatic multi-window support drops URL fragment
identifier
    * [WICKET-890] - Modal window causes session expires
    * [WICKET-892] - RefreshingView only gets rendered when TreeTable node
is opened twice
    * [WICKET-893] - Relative urls are broken if there is a + in parameter
    * [WICKET-894] - setStripComments corrupts other HTML tags
    * [WICKET-895] - If a form includes a DataTable with AjaxEditableLabels
and the form should be refresh an exception occurs when a user switches
between a changed label to another
    * [WICKET-896] - wrong redirect BrowserInfoPage and mounted Pages
    * [WICKET-897] - WicketSessionFilter doesn't work with 1.3
    * [WICKET-899] - Authentication example fails with "PasswordTextField
does not support cookies"
    * [WICKET-903] - WicketServlet no longer sets application on current
thread
    * [WICKET-906] - It is impossible to inject primitives
    * [WICKET-908] - There is no way to specify what exceptions to log in
RequestCycle
    * [WICKET-909] - onBeforeRender not called on ModalWindow contents
    * [WICKET-913] - PopupCloseLink broken with REDIRECT_TO_RENDER strategy
    * [WICKET-914] - Tree not "redrawn" when resetting root node
    * [WICKET-922] - Inconsistent use of Button vs. IFormSubmittingComponent
    * [WICKET-923] - Back button browser problem and ajax
    * [WICKET-929] - ExceptionErrorPage only works with WebResponse
    * [WICKET-934] - textfield strings are not trimmed when performing
validation (conversion).
    * [WICKET-935] - AbstractRepeater#onBeforeRender should not be final
    * [WICKET-936] - Wicket:message texts do not change when session locale
chages.
    * [WICKET-937] - Wicket Contrib Date Picker Not Picking Up Date Properly
In CompoundPropertyModel
    * [WICKET-938] - Second and subsequent ajax component updates fail in
Safari
    * [WICKET-946] - WebRequestCodingStrategy is not synchronized
    * [WICKET-951] - the javadoc of FormComponent.updateModel() states: "..
it expect

> that the object is already converted through the convert() call", but
FormComponent.updateModel() documentation bug
    * [WICKET-954] - Default button does not provide button name
    * [WICKET-956] - Bug In Wicket Listing Using DataTables
    * [WICKET-960] - FilteredAbstractColumn unary constructor expects Model
instead of IModel
    * [WICKET-965] - ReloadingWicketFilter gives ClassCastException with
page hierarchy involved
    * [WICKET-973] - setRenderAllowed not called in Tree items
    * [WICKET-974] - Image#getResource always returns null even if there is
a resource
    * [WICKET-976] - IndexedParamUrlCodingStrategy chokes inside
appendParameters() on Stateless forms
    * [WICKET-977] - Static Pages -> Passing URI to a Wicket page == 404
Error
    * [WICKET-978] - log4j.properties in quickstart archetype uses old
wicket package name
    * [WICKET-981] - NPE in Component.remove(final IBehavior behavior)
    * [WICKET-984] - MockWebApplication should use PageFactory from given
WebApplication.
    * [WICKET-985] - AjaxFallbackDefaultDataTable in a border fails
    * [WICKET-987] - Stripping javascript comments and whitespace breaks
application when using prototype library
    * [WICKET-990] - Localizer complains about component not being added to
the page when the component is a page
    * [WICKET-993] - wicket:enclosure doesn't work with multiple child
components
    * [WICKET-994] - Ajax requests may happen before DOM is ready
    * [WICKET-997] - AjaxButton using null as the form in the onSubmit()
callback
    * [WICKET-999] - DynamicWebResource function as StaticResource
    * [WICKET-1001] - Misleading  EnclosureResolver javadoc and wiki
    * [WICKET-1013] - spring component injection leads to deserialization
error (or page expiration)
    * [WICKET-1016] - ExternalLink doesn't use model
    * [WICKET-1027] - Form.appendDefaultButtonField() appends invalid HTML
    * [WICKET-1036] - Session size is constantly increasing on
setResponsePage(getPage())
    * [WICKET-1042] - setResponsePage(PageClass) doesn't take current
pagemap into account
    * [WICKET-1046] - FeedbackMessages don't get cleaned up in an AJAX
request when renderstrategy is REDIRECT_TO_RENDER
    * [WICKET-1050] - MarkupParser.removeComment() does not properly parse
to end of HTML comment

** Improvement
    * [WICKET-544] - Refactor duplicate code into ConversionException
    * [WICKET-604] - 'Wicket.Channel' name is not accessible in ajax related
classes
    * [WICKET-646] - Do not throw an error when image not found while
testing
    * [WICKET-669] - AjaxEditableLabel needs Model for adding a IValidator
    * [WICKET-771] - Provide ResourceReference with ID attribute for
filtering multiple includes
    * [WICKET-780] - Internal server error 500 unresolvable in Ajax Debug
Window
    * [WICKET-795] - Easy access to final rendered page source
    * [WICKET-800] - PropertyVariableInterpolator should support escaping of
the string '${'
    * [WICKET-843] - improve API documentation for getStatelessHint() method
in org.apache.wicket.Component
    * [WICKET-845] - Label constructor
    * [WICKET-853] - Repaired invalid HTML markup produced by FilterToolbar
    * [WICKET-854] - ModalWindow.setTitle needs to accept a model
    * [WICKET-879] - reduce code in DatePicker.js (because it can be loaded
multiple times per page)
    * [WICKET-880] - Option to align DatePicker to the left of icon
    * [WICKET-898] - JS namespace pollution in wicket-extensions
    * [WICKET-900] - [Patch]Allow to set a custom css to the calendar
    * [WICKET-907] - FeedbackMessage SUCCESS level?
    * [WICKET-927] - Deprecate Fragment constructors that dont take a markup
provider
    * [WICKET-941] - Patch to fix layout and positioning issues for the
maven generated wicket site
    * [WICKET-955] - Make wizard work with default button
    * [WICKET-961] - Add variables to ConversionException
    * [WICKET-962] - Ajax updates do not work on Components with wicket id
that is not \d+ when within AbstractRepeater/RepeatingView
    * [WICKET-964] - provide direct access on output stream in resources
    * [WICKET-970] - Wicket Javadoc Standardization:
org.apache.wicket.validation.*
    * [WICKET-971] - Wicket Javadoc Standardization:
org.apache.wicket.util.watch
    * [WICKET-986] - Wicket Javadoc Standardization:
org.apache.wicket.util.value
    * [WICKET-998] - Remove obsolete attribute modifier
    * [WICKET-1000] - Wicket Javadoc Standardization: org.apache.wicket.time
    * [WICKET-1004] - Label associated with an open/close tag should still
work
    * [WICKET-1009] - russian resource files
    * [WICKET-1034] - Allow Custom Javascript on AJAX Busy Indication
    * [WICKET-1041] - Fix a TODO for 1.3 at AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.onError()
    * [WICKET-1044] - Clarification of when children are added to Component
tree for TabbedPanel

** New Feature
    * [WICKET-480] - IHeaderResponse.renderOnUnLoadJavascript(String
javascript);
    * [WICKET-806] - add month/year selection
    * [WICKET-832] - [Patch] add a UrlValidator
    * [WICKET-930] - Wrap Guice-Injector with proxying for Objects
    * [WICKET-939] - Make org.apache.wicket.markup.html.image work with ajax
by adding either random or autoindex or??
    * [WICKET-944] - ehcache based MarkupCache (1.3)
    * [WICKET-979] - Wants yahoo calendar to be displayed on page by default
(ie no popup)
    * [WICKET-983] - Merge the portlet support branch into the trunk
    * [WICKET-1030] - add support for CalendarGroup
    * [WICKET-1031] - add facilities to execute javascript code to further
customize the YUI Calendar

** Task
    * [WICKET-858] - warning note when using DefaultDataTable
    * [WICKET-1023] - Release Wicket 1.3.0-beta4

** Wish
    * [WICKET-804] - Need a "Getting Started/Creating a new Wicket project"
guide

Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

Posted by Advanced Technology® <th...@gmail.com>.
Congrats to Wicket team. Superb job!

--
AT(r)

Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
> Special thanks go to Frank for making this release reality!

Yay!

Eelco

Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
This is a special occasion for the Wicket project:

According to me, Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 is the first release performed by
another person than myself, since we became an open source project at
sourceforge. It most certainly is the first in a couple of years
though.

Special thanks go to Frank for making this release reality!

Martijn

Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0-beta4/

Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
Crap.. Knew I should have got a second oppinion on it :(

http://martijndashorst.com/blog/2007/08/29/wicket-13-beta-3-released/

Frank

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
Copy paste is a bitch :)

Posted by Advanced Technology® <th...@gmail.com>.

--
AT(r)

Re: Apache Wicket 1.3.0-beta4 released!

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
/me pats billen on the back

-igor

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Ok, thanks for the info.

Korbinian

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Korbinian Bachl <ko...@whiskyworld.de>.
Nice,

Posted by Frank Bille <fr...@apache.org>.
The lame answer would be: "NOW" ;-)

The more intelligent answer is: "I think it's ~24hours from published to
people.apache.org for sync, but I don't really know".

Frank

Posted by "C. Bergström" <cb...@netsyncro.com>.

Posted by Nino Saturnino Martinez Vazquez Wael <ni...@jayway.dk>.
Grats:)