Posted to users@maven.apache.org by fl...@icw.de on 2009/12/04 15:32:11 UTC

Create multiple JARs from different src directories

Hi there!

I'm quite new to maven and have the following question:

Maven generates test JARs from the test directories that can be specified
via the build-helper-maven-plugin. Is it possible to generate seperate
JARs (for integration tests in my case) from different test folders? I
don't want everything that is a test in my final *-tests.jar, I want to
specify what (folder) will reside in my unit test JAR and what should be
in a seperate let's say *-itest.jar.

Is that possible?

Working with eclipse and maven2 / maven3.

Cheers,

Florian

InterComponentWare AG:
Vorstand: Dr. Lutz Kleinholz (Vors.), Dr. Georg Ralle, J�rg Stadler / Aufsichtsratsvors.: Prof. Dr. Christof Hettich
Firmensitz: 69190 Walldorf, Industriestra�e 41 / AG Mannheim HRB 351761 / USt.-IdNr.: DE 198388516

Re: Create multiple JARs from different src directories

Posted by Gajo Csaba <cs...@cosylab.com>.
Hello,

I don't know specifically for the JAR plugin, but according to its
website at http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/usage.html
you can configure which files to include/exclude. So you could create
separate <execution> elements for each jar file you want to generate,
and set their configuration to include only the files you want.

You create executions like this:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>....</artifactId>
  <executions>