Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID> on 2019/03/08 12:17:31 UTC

Calling for Speakers at Netbeans Day London 2019

All,

As you may have heard, we are planning the 5th annual Netbeans Day in London Friday September 27th 2019. The location is the London head quarters of Cerner in Paddington.

I am looking at a schedule similar to that of past years;

  *   9:00 Registration
  *   9:30 Apache Netbeans Status Report
  *   10:00 [TBA]
  *   10:45 [TBA]
  *   11:30 [TBA]
  *   12:15 Writing and executing Scala with the Netbeans Scala plugin (Chris Luff)
  *   13:00 Lunch
  *   14:00 Workshops 1
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   15:15 Workshops 2
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   16:30 Wrap up & Pub!

I am looking for speakers to fill the slots marked as TBA. We have the capability to run parallel tracks in the afternoon if there are enough speakers. Sessions are 45 minutes in length but If you have a something that may need more time, we can work with the schedule to accommodate it somehow. The rules for acceptable topics are pretty simple, we can cover any topic or technology, but it must be applicable to Netbeans as an IDE or Platform.

To get the ball rolling I have penciled myself in to talk through installing and working with Scala in Netbeans. @Geertjan, could you be persuaded to take the status report, as you have in the past?

Nothing is written in stone yet so suggestions are more than welcome!

I am creating an EventBrite registration site to manage attendees. If however, you are a confirmed speaker you will not need to register.

Thanks
Chris

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This message and any included attachments are from Cerner Corporation and are intended only for the addressee. The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal, or state securities laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution, or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by e-mail or you may call Cerner's corporate offices in Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A at (+1) (816)221-1024. Cerner Limited, Registered in England no 2519305, Registered Office 37 North Wharf Road, London W2 1AF.

Re: Calling for Speakers at Netbeans Day London 2019

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Excellent, yes, I'd love to be a part of this.

I'd recommend though starting the day at 10:00 instead of 9:00. I.e.,
people need to travel, potentially from various parts of the country (we
saw that in previous implementations of this too).

In addition, I'd love to also do a session on enterprise JavaScript
development with Apache NetBeans.

Once the EventBrite is up, can we use that to approach others outside this
mailing list who might be interested in speaking -- I can think of several.

Gj

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
Neil, thanks for responding so quickly. It would be awesome if you could do that, fascinating topic! I’ll pencil you in for right before lunch. Always goof to break on a high.

Thanks

On 8 Mar 2019, at 12:30, Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>> wrote:

Hi Chris,

I'd be happy to do my Write Now, Run Anytime talk if you'd like? Description at
https://www.meetup.com/South-West-Java/events/254882628/<https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.meetup.com%2FSouth-West-Java%2Fevents%2F254882628%2F&data=02%7C01%7CChris.Luff%40cerner.com%7C523f6abf47b5486fdbc108d6a3c1e234%7Cfbc493a80d244454a815f4ca58e8c09d%7C0%7C0%7C636876450498947993&sdata=b8u2sEb7a2rWX6n1W3uoF5wFzQTZafC7TuFLjpaBi8U%3D&reserved=0>

It has a (hopefully) fun and noisy-ish ending, so might be good before lunch or at the end of the day?

Either way I aim to come along.

Best wishes,

Neil

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by "Luff,Chris" <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>.
The EventBrite site has been created for Netbeans Day UK 2019.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/apache-netbeans-day-2019-uk-tickets-56803479737

On 8 Mar 2019, at 12:44, Luff,Chris <Ch...@Cerner.com.INVALID>> wrote:

Awesome news, we have three speakers already and a slightly revised timings (thanks Geertjan for the advice). Still happy to rework as things develop. The good news is, the pub is right across the street so we can run a little longer is needed :D

  *   9:30 Registration and Coffee
  *   10:30 Apache Netbeans Status Report
  *   11:00 Writing and executing Scala with the Netbeans Scala plugin (Chris Luff)
  *   11:45 Enterprise Javascript development with Apache Netbeans (Geertjan Wielenga)
  *   12:15 Write Now, Run Anytime (Neil Smith)
  *   13:00 Lunch
  *   14:00 Workshops
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   15:15 Workshops
     *   [TBA]
     *   [TBA]
  *   16:30 Wrap up & Pub!

I am going put this schedule up onto Eventbrite and note that speakers not on this mailing list will be able to get involved by contacting me directly.

Thanks