Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Daniel Haviv <da...@veracity-group.com> on 2016/01/27 11:38:53 UTC

Partition level inputformat

Hi,
I'm trying to add external partitions to a table with a different
inputformat and row delimiter properties but I keep failing and I can't
find any documentation that explains the correct syntax.
This is the DML I'm running:

hive> alter table test_tbl_parquet add partition (year=2016,month=01,day=27)
    >  ROW FORMAT DELIMITED
    > FIELDS TERMINATED BY '\u0001'
    > STORED AS INPUTFORMAT
    >   'com.mycopmany.hive.WhaleAvroGenericInputFormat'
    > OUTPUTFORMAT
    >   'org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.io.HiveIgnoreKeyTextOutputFormat'
    >  location '/mycopmany/data/test_tbl/year=2016/month=01/day=27';
FAILED: ParseException line 1:90 missing EOF at 'ROW' near ')'

Thank you.
Daniel