Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Xinan Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/02 20:56:11 UTC

Re: trunk code, RetriesExhaustedException

follow up on this issue..

this is probably caused by an earlier Hmaster kill(possibly with -9
signal) so that a lot of entries are left in .META. table even if i
removed all tables and did a major_compact on .META. table...  sort of
related to HBASE-1383. With this weird .META. table, sometimes rpc
call fails at HConnectionManager.java locateRegionInMeta(...)
server.getClosestRowBefore(...) returning null with perfect legitimate
regionname and metakey.

solved by completely recreating hbase directory in hdfs.

Xinan