Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by lt <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/21 17:47:06 UTC

How to handle errors in Ajax From? (Tap4.1.2)

I have a normal form with an users email address on it.  Users can change
thier email if they choose.  I do all the client side validation i can but
when it comes to validating another user doesn't already have claim to that
email address, i validate that server side.   I am recording my error in my
delegate and returning to the  page via the ajax response.  Question is how
do highlight the error?  I guess how do i show success also?  What I was
doing was using the tapestry.attachPostEffect and rendering a success
message.  Which really isn't true to the state of the form.  If the form is
in error it will still show this.  So, while the form submit via asyc is
great, works well, etc. I really need to display the state on return of the
asyc reponse correctly.  How do i do this?

Should i be looking at the DojoAjaxResponseBuilder?

LT