Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Shiva Ram <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/02 07:08:34 UTC

Re: WELCOME to user@flume.apache.org

Set files are placed in the remote server[not a hadoop cluster node], which
source type is suitable for collecting these files from remote server to
HDFS using Flume. The initial study on Flume, I came to know source type
"Exec", "Spooling Directory" can be used to collect these file, I want to
know whether Flume service should run the remote server[source system from
where i want to get the data]? Thanks.

*Thanks & Regards,*

*Shiva Ram*
*Website: http://datamaking.com <http://datamaking.com>Facebook Page:
www.facebook.com/datamaking <http://www.facebook.com/datamaking>*

Posted by Phanigopal Dunnala <ph...@db.com>.
Classification: Public
Hello

Please remove from the mailing list

Regards
Gopal

Set files are placed in the remote server[not a hadoop cluster node], which source type is suitable for collecting these files from remote server to HDFS using Flume. The initial study on Flume, I came to know source type "Exec", "Spooling Directory" can be used to collect these file, I want to know whether Flume service should run the remote server[source system from where i want to get the data]? Thanks.

Thanks & Regards,

Shiva Ram
Website: http://datamaking.com
Facebook Page: www.facebook.com/datamaking<http://www.facebook.com/datamaking>

On Fri, Oct 2, 2015 at 10:36 AM, <us...@flume.apache.org>> wrote:
user@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org> mailing list.

Acknowledgment: I have added the address

   shivaram.hadoop2015@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>

to the user mailing list.

Welcome to user@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>!

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>
   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>
   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

so you'll actually get 100-499.

send a short message to:
   <us...@flume.apache.org>>

The messages should contain one line or word of text to avoid being
treated as sp@m, but I will ignore their content.
Only the ADDRESS you send to is important.

for example "john@host.domain", just add a hyphen and your
<us...@flume.apache.org>>

<us...@flume.apache.org>>

user-owner@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>. Please be patient, my owner is a
lot slower than I am ;-)

        d=gmail.com<http://gmail.com>; s=20120113;
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 10:36:42 +0530
Subject: Re: confirm subscribe to user@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>
From: Shiva Ram <sh...@gmail.com>>
To: user-sc.1443762280.dmfagcompebfcpjencib-shivaram.hadoop2015=gmail.com@flume.apache.org<ma...@flume.apache.org>

---
This communication may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this communication in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this communication. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this communication is strictly forbidden.

Deutsche Bank does not render legal or tax advice, and the information contained in this communication should not be regarded as such.

Re: WELCOME to user@flume.apache.org

Posted by Shiva Ram <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Ahmed Vila.

I will consider the suggestions you have mentioned above when I design the
flume agent.

Posted by Ahmed Vila <av...@devlogic.eu>.
Hi Shiva,