Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> on 2006/07/07 22:41:12 UTC

copyright nortices in new files

I noticed we all have been copying the copyright notices from
existing files (i.e., those that were part of the initial Rogue
Wave code drop) into new ones. While the notices in pre-stdcxx
files should retain the Rogue Wave copyright those in new files
should not (that is, unless they contain pre-existing code moved
from one of the original files). We'll need to go through all
already committed new files and remove the Rogue Wave copyright
from them.

Thanks
Martin

Re: copyright nortices in new files

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On 7/7/06, Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> wrote:
>
>> I noticed we all have been copying the copyright notices from
>> existing files (i.e., those that were part of the initial Rogue
>> Wave code drop) into new ones. While the notices in pre-stdcxx
>> files should retain the Rogue Wave copyright those in new files
>> should not (that is, unless they contain pre-existing code moved
>> from one of the original files). We'll need to go through all
>> already committed new files and remove the Rogue Wave copyright
>> from them.
>

> You should take the opportunity to update to the new ASF license
> block, described here:
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200606.mbox/%3c1551070F-EDE7-40DC-9C97-79BF24E9FD59@apache.org%3e

Will do, thanks for the heads up!

> (FWIW, it is okay to keep the RogueWave notice below the block for
> those files initially contributed.)

Okay.

Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.
On 7/7/06, Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com> wrote:
> I noticed we all have been copying the copyright notices from
> existing files (i.e., those that were part of the initial Rogue
> Wave code drop) into new ones. While the notices in pre-stdcxx
> files should retain the Rogue Wave copyright those in new files
> should not (that is, unless they contain pre-existing code moved
> from one of the original files). We'll need to go through all
> already committed new files and remove the Rogue Wave copyright
> from them.

You should take the opportunity to update to the new ASF license
block, described here:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-legal-discuss/200606.mbox/%3c1551070F-EDE7-40DC-9C97-79BF24E9FD59@apache.org%3e

(FWIW, it is okay to keep the RogueWave notice below the block for
those files initially contributed.)

Thanks!  -- justin