Posted to xap-dev@incubator.apache.org by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org> on 2006/11/28 16:09:57 UTC

[PROPOSAL] Include XAP in Apache Web Components

Hello!

Currently in the Struts Developers list we are discussing what's the
better way to graduate Tiles from the sandbox:
http://struts.apache.org/struts-sandbox/tiles/index.html
One option is to create a TLP (top level project), probably called
Apache Web Components, that includes Tiles and all web components under
an umbrella project:
http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=7581526&framed=y
We are thinking that, among others, XAP can be part of this project.
You are welcome to join the discussion in Struts Developers list:
http://struts.apache.org/dev/dev-mail.html

What do you think?

Ciao
Antonio

Re: [PROPOSAL] Include XAP in Apache Web Components

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <ap...@apache.org>.
Bob Buffone ha scritto:
> Antonio,
>
> I read through the email trail and have a couple questions.  Overall I
> like the idea of a Top Level Project focused on Web components, as it
> could attract some interesting projects.

Well, never mind, it seems that now the trend is in creating a
Tiles-only TLP.
Sorry for the noise.

Posted by Bob Buffone <rb...@nexaweb.com>.
Antonio,

I read through the email trail and have a couple questions.  Overall I
like the idea of a Top Level Project focused on Web components, as it
could attract some interesting projects.

What would be the overall goal of the Apache Web Components?
Which community would the project look attract?
Whose PMC charter would the project emulate?
What would the plans for co-operation between projects be?