Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gupta <gu...@enode.com> on 2000/05/01 05:42:14 UTC

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: Stream broken

Hi,

It's been a couple days since I installed Tomcat 3.1 on NT 4.0 (SP6a) with
PWS. I am now at a point where I can start Tomcat, but am still unable to
get ANY jsp example to work.

If I try http://localhost/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp in IE5, I get a 404
File not found error.

If I try http://localhost:8007/examples/jsp/dates/date.jsp the status bar
says Web site found. Waiting for reply...
and waits indefinitely.

Meanwhile, in the DOS window for java.exe, I quickly get the following:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
java.io.IOException Stream broken at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest

I am using the April 18 build of isapi_redirect.dll.

The machine I am using is not connected to a network (i.e., it is a
standalone machine).

I have looked at the following docs so far, but have had little success in
getting my hands around Tomcat:
1. ReadMe and FAQ included in the binary distribution
2. tomcat_ug.html
3. Jyve FAQ
4. Tomcat IIS HowTo.html
5. Tomcat mailing list archive on metronet.com

Can anybody hazard a guess as to why I am seeing the HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM?
Can anybody point me to a solution?

Thanks,

Ramesh