Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by javaxmlsoapdev <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/05 04:24:54 UTC

Numeric search in text field

Hello,

I have a string "Marsh 1" (no quotes while searching). If I put "Marsh 1" in
the search box with no quotes I get expected results back but when I search
for just "1" (again no quotes) I don't get any results back. I use
WorldDelimiterFactory as follow. Any idea?

<analyzer type="query">
                generateWordParts="1"
                generateNumberParts="1"
                catenateWords="0"
                catenateNumbers="0"
                catenateAll="0"
                preserveOriginal="1"
                />

Re: Numeric search in text field

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
What is your index analyzer chain? In other words, are you sure the
token '1' is actually indexed?

"Marsh1" is, depending on the default operator, probably searching
for 'marsh OR 1", and hitting on only "marsh". But that's a guess....

HTH
Erick