Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Randy Terbush <ra...@covalent.net> on 1998/01/02 19:33:38 UTC

[nwoh@software-ag.de: Version 2.1 Data store abstraction API?]

Not acked.

-----Forwarded message from Nigel Hutchison <nw...@software-ag.de>-----

Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 15:14:05 +0100
To: apache@apache.org
From: Nigel Hutchison <nw...@software-ag.de>
Subject: Version 2.1 Data store abstraction API?

Hi

I just saw following line

>Data store abstraction API? So we're not always presuming we sit on top of
a filesystem.

in the list for Apache 2.1.

I would be interested in what you guys are thinking in this direction.

It so happens we have a database product , ADABAS WEB RETRIEVAL, that
models a web site
as a virtual file system and and has integrated full text indexing. It runs
on most common UNIX
flavours. It might be advantageous to for us to use this API if and when it
comes along.

Also it might be an interesting database candidate for you guys to bounce
your ideas against.

best regards

Nigel W. O. Hutchison
Technical Consultant