Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/07/13 16:42:39 UTC

Mavenizing Falcon

Hi,

After my latest Mavenizer and Flexmojos changes seem to compile all of my Flex projects without problems, I wanted to get started on adding Falcon support.
Now instead of re-deploying the entire compiler, I would much more like to have the falcon-compiler depend on the normal compiler by referencing the falcon libs and adding a dependency on the normal compiler artifact and exclude the old compiler libs.

Could someone here on the list please describe me exactly which libs Falcon consists of and where I can get them from as well as which libs in the classic sdk are needed? I think being able to switch the compilers by changing a dependency in maven would make experimenting a lot easier.

Chris

AW: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Wow ... ok ... didn't know he was working on making falcon buildable by maven ... but that surely would completeley eliminate the need for me to mavenize anything at all.
Thanks for pointing that out ... Will write my feedback in a separate thread.

Chris
Posted by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com>.

AW: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

AW: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Just forgot to ask,

Another question ... when using Falcon, is there any difference in the Framework part? Are the swcs the same as in the normal SDK? If yes, what exactly is different?

At least this would be what I am currently expecting. I know I will have to reference other things when starting to use FlexJS, but at the moment I just want to have my application compiled using the new Compiler.

Chris

AW: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Alex,

thanks for that update ... I think I'll try with Mavenizing the "generated/sdk" directory and experiment a little with that.
As Flashbuilder is able to, hopefully Flexmojos will also be able to work with falcon without any modification (I will have to update the checkers in Flexmojos though to allow a "compiler-falcon" artifact instead of insisting on "compiler", but that should take at most 5 minutes :-)

Chris

Re: Mavenizing Falcon

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.