Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by JP...@apex.soft.net on 2002/04/03 14:38:54 UTC

Errors shown in Cactus 1.2 Source.

Dear all,

I have imported the Source of Cactus 1.2 from the zip file
"jakarta-cactus-src-1.2".
I have imported the source files mentioned in the documentation.
After importing the SRC  files to visual age version 4.0 .
I have found errors in a few classes

1.org.apache.cactus.WebResponse  - getCookie() method.
here the reference is to "org.apache.commons.httpclient.Cookie"
Is  the commons package still in use??
2.Similar error is there in the org.apache.cactus.client.HttpClientHelper
class also.

Do I need to import the commons pakage also?

rgds,
JP..

RE: Errors shown in Cactus 1.2 Source.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.

Yes, Cactus uses commons-httpclient for cookie handling and will soon
use also it to perform HTTP connections between the cactus client side
and the cactus server side.

That said you do not need to import the sources inside VAJava. You
simply need to put the commons-httpclient.jar in your workspace
classpath. This file is available in the lib/ directory of the cactus
distribution.

Thanks
-Vincent