Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2002/03/31 23:10:12 UTC

Eventcartridges

Something that has bugged me for a bit about EC's is the EC.addEventHandler
method. The problem is that it doesn't actually 'add' anything. All it does
is a 'set' for each type of EC interface. As far as I can tell, you can't
'add' multiple EC's of the same interface type.

How about fixing the velocity internals to be a true add instead of a set so
that it is less confusing?

-jon

Re: Eventcartridges

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 3/31/02 1:51 PM, "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net> wrote:

> On 3/31/02 4:10 PM, "Jon Scott Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:
>
>> Something that has bugged me for a bit about EC's is the EC.addEventHandler
>> method. The problem is that it doesn't actually 'add' anything. All it does
>> is a 'set' for each type of EC interface. As far as I can tell, you can't
>> 'add' multiple EC's of the same interface type.
>>

> We talked about this in the beginning, having them chained.
>
> The problem is that it doesn't seem sensical to chain them.
>
> Do you have a good use case?

I'm not asking for them to be chained, I'm asking for the method to reflect
the functionality of what it is named.

-jon

Re: Eventcartridges

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 3/31/02 4:10 PM, "Jon Scott Stevens" <jo...@latchkey.com> wrote:

> Something that has bugged me for a bit about EC's is the EC.addEventHandler
> method. The problem is that it doesn't actually 'add' anything. All it does
> is a 'set' for each type of EC interface. As far as I can tell, you can't
> 'add' multiple EC's of the same interface type.

We talked about this in the beginning, having them chained.

The problem is that it doesn't seem sensical to chain them.

Do you have a good use case?

> How about fixing the velocity internals to be a true add instead of a set so
> that it is less confusing?
>
> -jon

System and Software Consulting
POC lives!