Posted to dev@streampipes.apache.org by Philipp Zehnder <ph...@bytefabrik.ai> on 2022/06/02 14:05:46 UTC

IP problems on OSX

Hi all,

I had several problems on OSX with setting the IP automatically during development. I always had to set the local IP manually with SP_HOST for each service I started.
Now, I added a workaround to automatically set the IP in the Networking.java file.

If you have a better idea, how this could be solved, please let me know.
Also check if it is still working for you, I could only test it on OSX, so I hope it does not break any of the other operating systems.

Here is the commit [1] and here the corresponding issue [2].

Cheers,
Philipp

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-streampipes/commit/255468371f2eaf4717dca4ac472ceba46e2e7300
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STREAMPIPES-541