Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by balaji <mc...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/12 10:16:47 UTC

SOLR Query Intersection

Hi ,

   I am trying to Compare three independent queries,intersection among them
and draw an Venn diagram using the Google CHART .  By using OR I will be
able to get the union of the 3 fields and using AND I will be able to get
the intersection among the three , Is it possible to get the union and
intersection among the fields in a  same query

For ex :

    I have 3 values which is under Multi-valued field browsers  "Google ,
Firefox and IE "  . I just need to find the no.of documents having only
google , Firefox etc.. and no.of documents having all the three and an
intersection among them like "Google & IE"  , "Google & Firefox"

   Is it possible to do with the Query Intersections or do I need to write
separate queries for all the above , If not please suggest how it can be
achieved

Thanks
Balaji

Re: SOLR Query Intersection

Posted by balaji <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

   Thank you guys Erik and Mikhail , You saved my day

Thanks
Balaji

Re: SOLR Query Intersection

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
I've done exactly this, rendering Venn diagrams using Google Charts from Solr.  See my presentation here:

    <http://www.slideshare.net/erikhatcher/rapid-prototyping-with-solr-5675936>

See slides 26-29, even with full code in the slides, but the code is also available here:

    <https://github.com/erikhatcher/solr-rapid-prototyping/tree/master/ApacheCon2010>

And, yup, facet.query was leveraged for this.

	Erik

Re: SOLR Query Intersection

Posted by balaji <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

   I got your point are you suggesting me to run using the *facet.query*
param for the various combinations

Thanks
Balaji

Re: SOLR Query Intersection

Posted by balaji <mc...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mikhail,

   Yes I am trying to get the facets counts for all these and populate the
chart , but comparison between the values is what I am wondering

    Will facets handle all the 3 possible scenarios

Thanks
Balaji

Re: SOLR Query Intersection

Posted by Mikhail Khludnev <mk...@griddynamics.com>.
It sounds like facets http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrFacetingOverview .
Doesn't it?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM, balaji <mc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
>   I am trying to Compare three independent queries,intersection among them
> and draw an Venn diagram using the Google CHART .  By using OR I will be
> able to get the union of the 3 fields and using AND I will be able to get
> the intersection among the three , Is it possible to get the union and
> intersection among the fields in a  same query
>
> For ex :
>
>    I have 3 values which is under Multi-valued field browsers  "Google ,
> Firefox and IE "  . I just need to find the no.of documents having only
> google , Firefox etc.. and no.of documents having all the three and an
> intersection among them like "Google & IE"  , "Google & Firefox"
>
>   Is it possible to do with the Query Intersections or do I need to write
> separate queries for all the above , If not please suggest how it can be
> achieved
>

> Thanks
> Balaji

Sincerely yours