Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by nmg nmg <sh...@web.de> on 2005/04/28 12:23:18 UTC

SSLException: No available certificate corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled

Hello everbody,

i am facing problems in using a SSL certificate (gemcert.cer) that I recieved from my client. I imported that to a keystore using:

$JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -import -alias tomcat -trustcacerts -v -file gemcert.cer -keystore tomcat.keystore

Then, I configured the server.xml's connector element.

        <Connector className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteConnector"
               enableLookups="true"
                acceptCount="100" debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true">
      <Factory className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
                keystoreFile="/usr/local/gem/conf/tomcat.keystore"
                keystorePass="changeit"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
    </Connector>

upon server start I get the following error:

SSL handshake error: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: No available certificate corresponds to the SSL cipher suites which are enabled.

I have searched the tomcat archiv and read several messages on this topic. But in those messages it is always that the user himself creates a key, creates a *.csr and then recieves a certificate from an CA. But in my case I have just recieved a certificate from my client who has in turn recieved that from a CA.

Any help here would be fine.

Thanks in advance.