Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org> on 2003/11/24 22:17:42 UTC

Some things to do in the core

Howdy,

After poking around a bit in the core maven.xml file there are certainly
a few things that need to be done:

- plugin site generation must be separated. This can be rolled into
maven-plugins I'm sure for the time being but it should be made possible
that a single site for a plugin can be published just like any other
project.

- plugin testing should be separated, the concern for the core is that
the plugin mechanism works, not that all plugins are tested. The test
mechanism needs to be entirely separated. I would argue that tests for
individual plugins shouldn't even be a concern for the core but for the
plugin itself.

- the release/install stuff needs to be separated.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason@zenplex.com
http://tambora.zenplex.org

RE: Some things to do in the core

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@maven.org>.
On Mon, 2003-11-24 at 16:21, Vincent Massol wrote:
> [...]

If that's happy then the mechanism for the massive plugin site deploy
can be removed. The plugin site should just be deployed at the will of
the plugin developers.

> > - plugin testing should be separated, the concern for the core is that
> > the plugin mechanism works, not that all plugins are tested. The test
> > mechanism needs to be entirely separated. I would argue that tests for
> > individual plugins shouldn't even be a concern for the core but for
> the
> > plugin itself.
>
> There is a mechanism initiated by dIon that we could continue. Type
> "maven plugin:test" in any plugin.

Cool, again it should be executed in the individual plugins instead of
being executed from the bootstrap.

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.