Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Summer Shire <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/28 22:29:42 UTC

firstSearcher and newSearcher loading external files

Hi All,

I use value source parser to load external file that contains popularity
values.

<valueSourceParser name="Popularity" class="something">

The way I use it is by passing a  "signals" param in the query now I want
to warm up this external cache in solr before the actual traffic starts
coming in.
What is happening is that the cache does not get warmed up in the first or
new searcher
and when the first client query comes in there is a huge delay to load the
cache file. So the first actual query has to take the hit.

I tried to add my function using the following tag in firstSearcher and
newSearcher but that did not work. Any advice ?

<str name="signals">

Thanks,

Summer