Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Ian Holsman <Ia...@cnet.com> on 2001/04/17 21:35:17 UTC

I've started seeing 403's on proxyPass things

hi.
I've just rebuilt from CVS (I did the last one maybe a week ago)

and have noticed that my reverse proxies are getting 403'd. (where they were working fine
last time)

any thoughts?

oh.. a couple of questions.
when you proxyPass, and don't specify a port for the HTTP url, does it default to 80, or the portnum
you have set on the webserver.

what do you guys think of adding a hook (like mod-include has) where people could register a function to
add extra headers to the r-proxy call?

Thanks
Ian

--
Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis

Re: I've started seeing 403's on proxyPass things

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Ian Holsman wrote:

> and have noticed that my reverse proxies are getting 403'd. (where they were working fine
> last time)

One thing that I have found to be a brilliant tool for debugging these
sorts of things is a program called tcpflow. It records tcp connections,
and saves them in files (or outputs them to the console). It's really
useful for finding out exactly who is saying what to what.

Here you will be able to check whether the requests and responses from
server to proxy and proxy to browser are correct.

> what do you guys think of adding a hook (like mod-include has) where people could register a function to
> add extra headers to the r-proxy call?

Hmmm - this is an interesting one. There is the output filter chain,
which can have filters added to it (which could add headers, or do other
things). There is also the backend filter chain, which handles
communication with the backend - and currently you cannot add external
filters to it. I'll try look at this this and see what I can come up
with...

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon