Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/29 04:09:02 UTC

As to your GSoC applications to Apache Harmony projects

Hi, all, welcome your interests in Apache Harmony projects for GSoC2009!

In order for your proposal to be interested by some mentor, it is
suggested for you to do following things: [*]
1. Please subscribe dev@harmony.apache.org mailing list (if you have not).
2. Please discuss your proposal in the mailing list, basically
explaining why you are qualified for the projects, and how you would
proceed with them;
3. Please suggest how many months you would spend in your proposed
projects and how many hours every day, every week.
4. Polish your proposals in the application website based on the
discussions in the mailing list. [**]

I might miss some student applicants names in my To list. It is
encouraged for them to follow the same process as well.

[*] The listed actions are not mandatory for any students. An
applicant student can choose to ignore them without any issues, except
that the chances being selected could be low.
[**] A simply copy&paste of the project ideas from Apache Wiki for
your applications might be invalid proposals.

All the above are only my personal opinions, not representing other
potential mentors, projects, or ASF.

Thanks,
xiaofeng
--
http://people.apache.org/~xli

Re: As to your GSoC applications to Apache Harmony projects

Posted by "Jimmy,Jing Lv" <fi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot Xiao-Feng! I'll forward to inform the students who are
interested in but haven't submit their proposals.

The students please show  your questions and ideas on the mailing, which
will help you on the this GSoC activity :)

2009/3/29 Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>

> Hi, Please be noticed that: Harmony is a clean-room JavaSE
> implementation. Please DO NOT read the source code of any other JavaSE
> implementation to get some idea for your project; otherwise, you might
> be ineligible for Harmony development. (This happened.) A suggestion
> is, please always onsult here in the dev@harmony.apache.org mailing
> list before you read any source code.
>
> Thanks,
> xiaofeng
>

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi, all, welcome your interests in Apache Harmony projects for GSoC2009!
> >
> > In order for your proposal to be interested by some mentor, it is
> > suggested for you to do following things: [*]
> > 1. Please subscribe dev@harmony.apache.org mailing list (if you have
> not).
> > 2. Please discuss your proposal in the mailing list, basically
> > explaining why you are qualified for the projects, and how you would
> > proceed with them;
> > 3. Please suggest how many months you would spend in your proposed
> > projects and how many hours every day, every week.
> > 4. Polish your proposals in the application website based on the
> > discussions in the mailing list. [**]
> >
> > I might miss some student applicants names in my To list. It is
> > encouraged for them to follow the same process as well.
> >
> > [*] The listed actions are not mandatory for any students. An
> > applicant student can choose to ignore them without any issues, except
> > that the chances being selected could be low.
> > [**] A simply copy&paste of the project ideas from Apache Wiki for
> > your applications might be invalid proposals.
> >
> > All the above are only my personal opinions, not representing other
> > potential mentors, projects, or ASF.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > xiaofeng
> > --
> > http://people.apache.org/~xli <http://people.apache.org/%7Exli>
> >

> --
> http://people.apache.org/~xli <http://people.apache.org/%7Exli>

--

Best Regards!

Jimmy, Jing Lv
China Software Development Lab, IBM

Re: As to your GSoC applications to Apache Harmony projects

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
http://people.apache.org/~xli