Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2008/08/09 20:48:42 UTC

Cocoon+Eclipse+"Run Jetty Run"

Hi Cocoon gurus,

I ran across the new(er) Jetty plugin for Eclipse:

	http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/wiki/GettingStarted

and it looked like a better way to debug Cocoon than using the
moribund Jetty Launcher plugin as described here:

	http://cocoon.apache.org/1301_1_1.html

I fired it up, and got this:

	Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/
servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
	at runjettyrun.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:60)

So I'm missing something here, any ideas?

Debugging using Jetty Launcher actually did work fine... but it'd be
nice to be able to get debugging w/ "Run Jetty Run" to work.

thx-a-lot,
—ml—

Re: Cocoon+Eclipse+"Run Jetty Run"

Posted by Grzegorz Kossakowski <gr...@tuffmail.com>.
Mark Lundquist pisze:

> Hi Cocoon gurus,
>
> I ran across the new(er) Jetty plugin for Eclipse:
>
>     http://code.google.com/p/run-jetty-run/wiki/GettingStarted
>
> and it looked like a better way to debug Cocoon than using the moribund
> Jetty Launcher plugin as described here:
>
>     http://cocoon.apache.org/1301_1_1.html
>
> I fired it up, and got this:
>
>     Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> javax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest
>     at runjettyrun.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:60)
>
> So I'm missing something here, any ideas?
>
> Debugging using Jetty Launcher actually did work fine... but it'd be
> nice to be able to get debugging w/ "Run Jetty Run" to work.

Hi Mark,

See:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/78274
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.text.xml.cocoon.devel/78276