Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2007/02/25 04:17:22 UTC

Multi-VM support and sparse trees, was: Tossing CompositeComponent, r511391

On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:49 PM, Jim Marino wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2007, at 5:42 PM, Jeremy Boynes wrote:
>
>> There's still a reference to parent Component in the builder API e.g.
>> +    public ServiceBinding build(Component parent,
>>                                  ServiceDefinition serviceDefinition,
>>                                  LocalBindingDefinition
>> bindingDefinition,
>>                                  DeploymentContext deploymentContext)
>>
>> Can we remove that as well? The URI for the parent is in the
>> DeploymentContext already.
>>
> Sure - I'll do it since I'm on a roll tossing unneeded stuff out...
>
> Jim

The change turned out simple to do but big - r511417 and r511418. I
also decided to extend this to loading, introspection and building.
By doing so, we now fully support sparse component trees which will
allow us to do multi-VM wiring once we are able to separate out the
Controler/Master.

Jim